The Jersey Scout Centre was built in 2001 on the west coast of Jersey adjacent to a campsite for approximately 150. The Centre has
bunk-bed accommodation for 40 people with toilet/shower facilities. Fully-equipped kitchen with commercial gas cooker, fridge, freezer, hot cupboard, dishwasher, washer/dryer, water boiler and crockery and cutlery for 50 persons. En-suite special needs two-bedded room - full disabled access. Large hall for activities/meals. Grass play area and a covered decking area. Campsite adjacent to Centre with toilet/showers and water standpipes, BBQs and campfire circle. Direct access to four miles of sandy beach.
The Island of Jersey offers excellent programme of activities including watersports, abseiling, coastal traversing, climbing, cycling, hikes, places of historical interest, rocky and sandy beaches around the Island. Hire vehicles available. Excellent car ferry and air connections from UK and Europe."
Until 2001 the Clarkson Hall on the site of Barge Aground was the Jersey Scout Association's HQ. The Jersey Scout Centre was built by Pinelog of Bakewell, Derbyshire, during 2001 and officially opened by the Chief Scout, George Purdy, on 15th December 2001. It was built adjacent to the Jersey Scout Association's campsite, Westward Ho, on the west coast of the Island in a conservation area known locally as Les Mielles.
This area has been the "home" of Jersey Scouting since 1955