Training for adults
Adult volunteers are at the heart of Scouting, and we hope that you will get every bit as much out of it as you put in. Scouting is not only about young people, but also about the development of adults within the Movement.
To support adults in Scouting, the Association provides a comprehensive programme of training to build on existing skills and knowledge and develop new competencies. Some elements of training can count towards externally-recognised qualifications, and within the movement there are also awards to recognise dedication to training and outstanding service.
The resources below provide an introduction to and overview of The Scout Associations’ Adult Training Scheme. They are a great source of information for any questions that you might have about training. The Training Advisers Guide and Adults Personal File also provide information about the validation criteria for each module.
- Adult Training Scheme 2019 (PDF)
- Module Matrix 2019 (PDF)
- Adult’s Personal File for Section Leaders 2019 (PDF)
- Adult’s Personal File for Managers and Supporters 2019 (PDF)
- Adult’s Personal File for Non-Wood Badge Appointments 2019 (PDF)
- Adult’s Personal File – Supplementary Module Pages 2019 (PDF)
- Training Adviser’s Guide 2019 (PDF)
- Training Adviser’s Guide for Managers and Supporters 2019 (PDF)
Details of the key changes from previous versions of these documents can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).