Safeguarding Awareness Co-ordinators
Safeguarding Awareness Co-ordinators (SAC) are a mandatory appointment in every County, Area and Region (Scotland).
The role of the SAC is to support the development of safeguarding awareness in their local areas. This includes:
- supporting the delivery of the safeguarding awareness training
- delivering safeguarding awareness workshops to enhance understanding of child protection and anti-bullying policies
- advice and support for Explorer Scout Young Leader training on safeguarding
- advice and guidance on safeguarding arrangements for events
- encouraging best safeguarding practice within their areas
(NB. SACs are not responsible for incident management. Any safeguarding concerns should be reported via the DC, following the procedures outlined on the yellow card).