We have the opportunity to send four Participants to the South West Region iMoveit Event in September. Places available for Adult Volunteers between 18 and 30.
This event is part of a development programme designed to support people in this age group to develop skills and gain experience that would support them in management roles in Scouting and beyond.
The Island Executive has agreed to fund the places on the course, the overnight stay and travel to the UK.
We need to register applications by mid August.
When -Friday 27th September to Sunday 29th September 2019
Where -Woodhouse Park, Bristol
What ls it? -iMovelt is a 2-day residential opportunity aimed at giving participants the skills and knowledge to make changes in their local Scouting and to go on to further roles.
What will be covered?
- Enacting change and how to communicate
- Working with stakeholders and understanding organisational culture
- How to lead, influence, coach, speak in public and understand emotional intelligence
- How to achieve personally and create personal goals
The benefits of attending for the attendee
- Meet a likeminded group of people from across the south west Region
- Gain skills that will help them take developed roles in scouting
- Be able to take the lead on local change projects
- Be able to spread on their knowledge to others in the local area
The benefits of attending for Jersey Scouts
- Participants will have more ability, skills and knowledge to lead on local projects and affect change in their District/County
- Participants will be more likely to take on further higher management roles in the future
Who can attend?
- Participants should be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Ideally participants should show a willingness to progress and adapt
- Participants should be willing to take on new challenges and changes
- Previous experience in approaching changes, leading projects and taking challenges is beneficial but not essential
What happens after the event
- The county will receive a pack informing them of what the participant learnt over the weekend
- Participants will leave with advice on how to achieve both personally and on local projects
- Resources will be given out to participants and their county to continue the work over a 12 month period
Please send nominations to Ian Silvester (Acting Island Commissioner) [email protected]