Course Director: Richard Woolsey
This afternoon event is open to all leaders, providing the opportunity to learn and refresh knowledge of camping activities and greenfield skills.
Some of the topics* to be covered include:
- Fires – building, lighting and their uses
- Stoves – demonstration of a variety of stoves, their uses and benefits
- Lamps – demonstration of a variety of lamps, their uses and benefits
- Axe and saw – safe use and maintenance
- Gadgets – construction and use
- Portable latrines and waste disposal
- Camp games – wide games and other outdoor games
- Scouts own – Planning a Scouts Own activity
- Camp fire – Planning a successful campfire
* subject to changes with alternative topics being provided
You can book your place using the link below.
Island Scout Centre, St Ouens
Book your course online...
Unfortunately this course has already taken place. Please view our full training calendar to find alternative course dates.