Trainers: Gary Le Huray, Helen Woolsey & Richard Woolsey
Times: All day – exact times according to travel arrangements (no overnight stay)
This course is one of the three skills courses of the Managers and Supporters Training aimed for GSLs, Bailiwick & Island Teams. This course will be run jointly for Guernsey and Jersey.
The course aims to provide managers with an opportunity to discuss and develop their approach to dealing with difficult situations. Topics covered are:
• Identifying causes of conflict and defining appropriate strategies to resolve it.
• Applying the Scout’s dispute, suspension and complaints procedures in an effective manner to real situations.
• Applying the Scout’s safeguarding procedures to real situations.
• Looking at carrying out difficult reviews.
• Prioritising the different challenges in the manager’s role.
• Personal action plans.
For participants travelling from Jersey to Guernsey flights will be booked and paid for by Jersey Scouts. Attendance will require a firm commitment as flights cannot be reimbursed after making the airline booking and the individual may be liable for payment of any unused flight. Please confirm attendance prior to 4 August 2019. Further information and travel details will follow.
For any questions please do not hesitate to contact any of the trainers directly. (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )
Les Maingys Scout Headquarters, Guernsey
Book your course online...
Unfortunately this course has already taken place. Please view our full training calendar to find alternative course dates.