Trainer: Anne McConomy, a2e Emergency Response Training Services
At A2E, they believe first aid training shouldn’t come from a PowerPoint presentation or be read solely from a first aid manual – it’s about experiencing it and understanding how we feel and react when things go wrong. Only then, can we gain confidence in our ability to cope and to make the right decision in potentially challenging situations. Every instructor at A2E is a registered nurse with an acute nursing background, so they are confident in what works and what doesn’t work so well. A2E are fully regulated and accredited and all courses cover the essential topics for nationally accredited awards. They differ in how they deliver their training and they’re running a bespoke EFAW Module 10 First Aid course (with additional topics) especially for Scout adults and this will cover:
- Principles of first and initial response – the DRABC survey
- Unconscious casualty (and causes of unconsciousness)
- CPR and AED – adults and children
- Heat exhaustion, heatstroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fracture, sprains and strains
- Minor injuries
- Meningitis & sepsis
- Spinal injury and head injury
To book a place on the course, use the link below.
Island Scout Centre, St Ouens
Book your course online...
Hurry! There is only 1 place remaining!